Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Happy Earth Day!!

Ok....I know they look a bit strange, but they sure are a lot of fun! I believe they're called Finger Crayons...but as it turns out, it's much more fun to stack them up than to colour with them. They make a very satisfying "pop" when you pull them apart. Who knew they would entertain my children for a good 30 minutes? I think I'm in love.


I had fun over the weekend leaving some Hope Notes around town....here's one I left in the lavender outside of the yoga studio I take classes at. I'm getting a ridiculous amount of joy out of this! Possibly that's because I live in an area that could use a whole lot of hope....


And finally, an update on my current Mochimochi project. Shhhhh....it's a surprise for Big Birds upcoming birthday! And although I know it's hard to visualize....it really is a snake. The white part, to the right of the photo, will eventually get stuffed back in to the snakes body, thus creating the "tube" that you can stuff the mouse into if snakey gets hungry. Seriously ingenious. Makes me feel a bit inadequate really. Considering that I've been knitting for 27+ years (started when I was 5 or 6ish). But alas....I am most definitely a pattern follower, not a pattern creator!

3 comments:

melia said...

Just wanted to let you know that I'm really enjoying your blog! I found it through Mothering. Thanks!

Robyn - said...

Yeah!!! Welcome melia :)

gita said...

Aha! That's how the snake swallows the mouse. I can sleep now. Phew. ;) (Seriously, it's been driving me crazy because YOU introduced me to knitting and now I'm as whacked as you! Thanks!)