Monday, April 7, 2008


Good morning :)

I had a very satisfying thrift store adventure this weekend - I found a sweet tea set for the kids (part of which is pictured above), some fabric that will work well for a doll I'm thinking about making, and this hand-embroidered piece of linen that I plan to turn into something else for Baby Bird.


I'm pretty sure I was glowing when I left the shop, coveting my treasures.

I also spent some time this weekend putting together our dress-up trunk (the whole reason I went to the thrift store was to find some additional items for the dress-up stash...obviously I got side-tracked)! We have a ton of items strewn about the house that could be used for dress-up, but rarely get noticed. I was hoping that if we put them all in one place the kids might find them more enticing. Turns out I was right- No sooner had I placed all the hats, scarves, handbags, and costumes in the trunk when both kids started investigating. Big Bird was soon parading around as "Strong Guy" and Baby Bird was wearing a scarf as a toga, complete with a belt and a swimming mask :) Big Bird continued to role play until well after dinner time. I couldn't have been happier watching them deeply engrossed in their pretending.

Enjoy your Monday everyone!



2 comments:

gita said...

Oh yeah, and copying the spring blossom craft too when the snow melts.....I'm so impressed by your activities! I feel like a loser, but it's also lighting a fire under my ass, that is, inspiring me. Baby Bird isn't reading yet, is she? ;) 'Cause I'm swearing online. Bad me.

Robyn - said...

Your avatar (avitar?) is HILARIOUS! Possibly only because I know where that chicken came from ;)
Glad to hear there's a fire lit under that a*s of yours....