Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Hello Butterflies. Baby Bird and Big Bird would like me to tell you that when you're almost 2 and almost 4 years old, it's really, really, REALLY hard to wait 2 weeks for anything. So I'm really, really, REALLY glad to see you. I wasn't sure how much longer I was going to be able to hold them off.

"how much longer, mama?"
"today, mama?"
"mama?"
"after nappy time, mama?"

Our butterfly friends will be with us for a week or so, and then we'll let them go outside. The 5 Painted Lady caterpillars arrived from here almost a month ago. They munched, and munched and MUNCHED for almost 2 weeks while they grew, and grew, and GREW! During this time we enjoyed reading The Very Hungry Caterpillar, of course, as well as The Crunching Munching Caterpillar and a few others. Little Einsteins Our Big Huge Adventure was watched far more often than I will ever admit, but they tell the story of the
monarch migration so well, that it was hard to say no :)

Here's the lovely butterfly condo:

I think that even though they are only almost 2 and almost 4, even the Birds will concede that some things might just be worth waiting for ;)


No comments: