Friday, April 25, 2008


We have been sick. All. Week. Coughing, drippy noses, fevers, hallucinations......you name the symptom, we've had it.

And frankly, we've been grumpy too. It's hard to be kind and loving when you feel like....well, like crap. Both kids are at that stage of sickness where they want/need lots of comforting, but they can't find it within themselves to be nice to anyone. Which makes mothering a bit of a....oh, let's call it a challenge. Especially considering that I am sick too, and really just want to lock myself in the bedroom and crawl under the covers.

That said....I did manage to pull it together long enough this morning to get some paint out.


My intent was to use acorns, but in my delirium I couldn't remember where I had hidden them (I can hear the squirrels laughing at me). So we opted for the next closest round object I could find; wooden lacing beads.

Lay some paper in the bottom of a box (conveniently, the average size Amazon.com box is 8.5 x 11 inches) , roll the beads around in some paint, toss them in the box, shake and roll at will.

Voila! A Masterpiece.


Big Bird noticed that this picture looks like it has a T-rex in the middle of it. Of course he did.

Anyway.....my point this morning is not really about this project. It's about what happened after this project actually.

I went inside to find some clothespins so that we could hang our pictures on the fence to dry. Again, in my semi-delirious state, I left the kids outside. Alone. With the paint.

You can imagine what happened next. And I have to tell you, it turns out that covering your entire body with paint is really, REALLY good therapy for sickie kids! And sickie mommies too. Unfortunately for you, I had to put the camera down in order to participate in the fun. I did manage to capture this pic before they attacked me though.

2 comments:

BBE said...

Hope you are all feeling better? Love what you are doing with Big and Little Bird (a lefty in the making?). They and you are having so much fun and learning at the same time. Have a good week. Love and Hugs - GAA

gita said...

How did I miss the details of this story! THey attacked, huh? I can truly picture it. BTW, it DOES look like T-Rex, gotta give Big Bird that! ;)