Wednesday, April 16, 2008

The kids reminded me about a few of parentings most important lessons today....

#1 is that playdough is still a heck of a lot of fun, no matter how old you are and no matter how often you have played with it in the past week....


#2 is that playdough tastes REALLY good....


and #3 is that you should never, EVER, underestimate the determination of an almost-4 year old.

It couldn't have been more than 50 degrees outside this morning. Apparently, though, that was NO reason to delay bringing out the water table any longer. And to prove his point, he stayed out there until his fingers were BRIGHT pink and all his little teeth were chattering.

He says it was fun....but I don't think he would have admitted it even if it wasn't ;)


Playdough recipes are a dime a dozen. I've tried a few, and here's the one I like best:

1 cup water
1 tbsp vege oil
1/2 cup salt
1 tbsp cream of tartar
food colouring
saucepan
1 cup flour

Combine water, oil, salt, cream of tartar, and food colouring in a saucepan and heat until warm. Remove from heat and add flour. Stir until smooth, the cream of tartar makes this stuff last for many months, so use it if you can find it (in the spice aisle....I'll admit, I had to ask the first time I went looking for it!). Store the dough in an airtight container or plastic baggy.

Cheers :)

Oh, and don't forget lesson #1!



No comments: